Full-Time Communication Coordinator Position at Camp Southern Ground!
The communications coordinator's main job is to ensure timely, efficient, and thorough communication between camp families and camp during the year. The Communications coordinator works directly under the Camp Director and handles the day to day communications. The communications coordinator is responsible for various processes of communication between camp and our camp families. These include: phone calls, emails, photos, social media, and mail. The coordinator is responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and writing up marketing copy for prospective families. The communication coordinator will also be responsible for managing camper enrollment through our online system. The coordinator will be processing about 600 camper applications a year. This will include reviewing applications, bunking assignments, collecting forms, and coordinating travel. During the camp season, the communications coordinator will be working 6 days a week and weekly hours will exceed normal office hours.
Reviewing applications, collecting information, and processing camper applications
Make sure all communication processes are running efficiently.
Act as the first point of contact for the summer camp team.
Manage the marketing emails. Implement marketing campaigns.
Create and maintain efficient systems for all lines of communication.
Collaborate with full-time staff to ensure program success. Working with the diversity and outreach director to enroll kids from low-income areas and with our neurodiversity director to enroll kids with neuro-differences.
During Camp Season, you will be responsible for managing photos taken during the week, uploading them online for parents to see.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service to campers and camp families.
· Ability to write clear and professional emails.
· Ability to implement marketing emails to prospective clients.
· Ability to communicate the mission and vision of camp to parents, campers, and partners through email and phone.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple ongoing projects at once.
· The Communications coordinator must have a wealth of patience and energy as they will be setting the tone as the first point of contact for parents and families.
· Needs to be able to work independently as well as part of a team of directors.
· Must have a clear understanding of the operations of camp and willingness to maintain camp policies.
· Ability to work in summer camp activities (can be trained), such as the high ropes course, lifeguarding at our pool, running our archery program, and assisting at our bike track.
· Ability to coordinate various methods of communication: e-mail, phone calls, snail mail, and packages.
· Willingness to live in a camp setting, work irregular hours using simple equipment, with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.
· College degree
· Summer camp experience
· Experience Working with kids
· Experience working with kids with special needs
· Experience working with nonprofits or philanthropy work